What’s going on, in a [medium to large] nutshell:
We are moving to Australia. We have Permanent Residence status thanks to Dan’s training as an Engineer. If we live there for 4 of the next 5 years, we are eligible for citizenship. Our departure date is/was Aug 22. We land/landed on Aug 24 in Sydney. We’ll be settling in Brisbane for 1-4 years while Dan goes back to school as an aviation mechanic. I (Marilee) hope to work somewhere with things that grow, either as a nursery, farm hand, environmental protection group or something to do with that. “I like land, I like dirt… I like things that live on land and dirt.” (West Wing). If we like Brisbane, we’ll stay there, but if its too cold, we’ll eventually move further north – where you can go to the beach all year around. Yes we know about all the things that can kill you.
Marilee and Dan are:
- Travellers (not so seasoned, but eager)
- Young-ish, with a medium sized appetite for adventure
- Swimmers, and love nearly anything that can happen in water
- Afraid of spiders, but loves pretty much all other animals
- An avid reader and doer of crosswords
- Has a short attention span and loves to sing Disney songs
- Always too warm
- Relational and likes things that are colourful.
- Obsessed with things that fly and also his cats
- Self-deprecating to a fault
- A fixer of objects and an enthusiastic learner of new things
- Always too cold and very full of miscellaneous knowledge